Sophora is based on innovative, open software standards and proven components.
Sophora DeskClient (current version) - Desktop App
The Sophora DeskClient is a Java program based on the Eclipse framework, which only needs Java, only has to be unpacked and does not interfere with the system. You can update the DeskClient manually or automatically.
- RAM: 1.5 GB of free, dedicated RAM or more.
- Hard disk space: 1 GB for the installation directory, additional hard disk space for the local cache.
- Screen resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels or more.
- Java with JavaFX (version 11/64 bit or newer). Windows: Oracle JRE and ZuluFX, Mac: Oracle JDK and ZuluFX. (Note: Java can also be bundled with the DeskClient if required.) Java must be kept up to date with all updates and patches.
- Fast network and internet connection via HTTPS / proxy. No administration rights required.
More about the DeskClient.
You can also use the browser-based Sophora MobileClient as a simplified alternative or supplement to the DeskClient.
Sophora Server (Current Version)
The Sophora Server is a stand-alone Java program to which an external database and search engine are connected.
- Operating system: Red Hat Linux (x86, x86-64), openSUSE Linux (x86, x86-64), Solaris (Sparc, x86, x86-64), Debian (version 9 or newer). The operating systems must be kept up to date with all updates and patches.
- Java 11 or newer (Oracle JDK and OpenJDK). Java must be kept up to date with all updates and patches.
- External database systems: Oracle (version 10 or newer), MySQL (version 5 or newer), file system.
- External systems for preview and playback: Apache HTTP Server (version 2.4.0 or newer), Apache Tomcat (version 7.0.62 or 8.0.22).
More about the Sophora server.
Note: Other and older configurations on request. Modules
can have additional requirements.