Before installing the DeskClient, please check that you meet the minimum system requirements.
1. Download the ZIP archive from the shared download site.
2. Extract the downloaded file to your desired installation directory. This can be done in the File Explorer with the built-in program for unzipping files. Just right-click on the ZIP archive, select Extract All... and follow the instructions. Note that the installation directory must not contain any special characters such as commas.
3. Run the DeskClient application from your installation directory: Enter the DeskClient folder and double-click on the
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
deskclient.exefile and navigate to the
Compatibilitytab. Here you can change the high DPI settings: Mark the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" checkbox and select that it will be performed by
1. Download the signed disk image (DMG) from the shared download site.
2. Extract the downloaded file to your desired installation directory: Double-click on the disk image and drag the DeskClient application from the image to the desired installation location (usually /Applications or user folder). This is important for macOS 10.12 and later, because running a newly-downloaded application from a disk image, archive, or the Downloads directory will cause the system to isolate that application at an unspecified read-only location in the filesystem. This will prevent the application from working correctly. Also note that the installation directory must not contain any special characters such as commas.
3. Run the DeskClient application from your installation directory: Just double-click on the
Learn more about working with Sophora DeskClient in the User Guide section.
If you are an administrator, please also read the additional information on how to customize the DeskClient.